Quota filled for the first timeLocal News
- Six Estonian people smugglers nabbed in LatviaLocal News
- Baltic Workboats completes EUR 3 mln patrol boat for Belgian customsEconomy
- Sending back a Vietnamese costs thousands of eurosLocal News
- Evidence points at accident with perished border guardsLocal News
- Beer river from Latvia rising to drown Estonia's packaging systemEconomy
- Like neighbours, Estonia to lay down a frontier zoneLocal NewsWithin years, the Estonian Eastern border modernised for €71m will after the example of neighbours get a frontier zone with specific requirements, says interior minister Hanno Pevkur (Reform). While width is not yet decided, border guards will gain richer information of what is happening near the border, and whoever goes there will be better scrutinized.
- Forest fire near Estonian-Latvian border spreads to 45 hectaresLocal News
- Estonia-Latvia borderlands merger makes Riigikogu splash A Tale of Two Cities, Baltic contemporary versionLocal News
- Special units to get a boostLocal News
- Legally illegal. A day in the life of homeless AfricansLocal News
- Russian helicopter violates Estonia's airspaceLocal News
- Estonia to buy water vehicles for border guard for EUR 9 mlnLocal News
- Valga buys booze from ValkaLocal News
- Estonia may miss refugees for ChristmasLocal News
- International airport idea near Narva faces Russia fear headwindsLocal News
- Editorial: let's get this border treaty thing over withOpinion
- Estonian minister: Closing Schengen zone talked about in EULocal News
- Eston Kohver jailed for 15 years in RussiaEstonian news
- Editorial: parental permit needed to travel the worldOpinion
- Estonia 'gains' 112 sq km of land as a result of airborne scanningLocal NewsThe total land area of Estonia has turned out to be bigger by 112 square kilometers than previously thought as a result of aerial photography and airborne scanning carried out by the Land Board in recent years, which also has enabled the authorities to adjust the borders and size of territory of individual administrative units.
- Govt to start making offers to owners of land plots on Estonian-Russian borderLocal News
- Editorial: the boat people – a shared EU burdenOpinionStuffed into boats, refugees are drowning in the Mediterranean. Last year alone, 278,000 illegal EU border crossings were registered in the region. On their way to Europe, about 3,000 lost their lives. This year, the numbers are on the increase and, already, close to 2,500 have perished. Formerly regarded as a burden for the countries of destination, the crowds coming have swelled so large as to trigger the issue of EU responsibility.
- Estonian border guards detain 3 Nepalese citizens hidden in vanLocal News
- Consul again meets with Estonian security official in MoscowEstonian news
- Estonian police officer's case drags on due to investigator's busy schedule - defenseEstonian news
- Russian govt brings forward Estonia-Russia border accords for ratificationLocal News
- 830 kg of hashish found in Lithuanian truck in NarvaLocal News
- Sweden’s asylum seekers are hopping to Estonia for shopping 1Local News
- Estonia not in favor of restoring border controls in SchengenLocal News
- Court hands non-suspended jail terms to Russian anglers who resisted arrestLocal News
- Russian border guard quits cooperation with EstoniaLocal NewsAt the beginning of November, former Border Guard Board director-general Vice-Admiral Tarmo Kõuts and University of professor emeritus Ülo Vooglaid handed the Riigikogu a collective address to restore standalone Border Guard. According to interior minister Hanno Pevkur (Reform Party), the idea ought to at least be discussed.
- Police find 120,000 illegal cigarettes in car in SE EstoniaLocal News