Estonian in Nice: before fireworks, a cashier said they fear a terror attackEstonian news
- Old Town suffers severe «tourist jam»Local News
- Alcohol consumption per resident declined by 7 pct in Estonia in 2015Health
- Editorial: hopes high for Tallinn's new high streetOpinion
- Small towns in race for ferry link to Kotka Trip for Finnish truckers potentially cut by hundreds of kilometresEconomy
- EU directive to hit tiny tourism firms hardEconomyFresh EU directive will make life harder for smaller tourism firms required to provide full insurance of services. Should a tourist run into trouble during his travel such as airline filing bankruptcy, travel agent pays back full money. For large companies (such as Estravel) the requirement has always applied; however, it will now be extended to the smaller firms providing two services – accommodation and entertainment.
- Turkish hospital bill awaiting government verdictHealth
- Earthquake claims life of one EstonianEstonian newsBy last night the death of one Estonian was confirmed in the Nepali earthquake. Whereabouts of four Estonian citizens in Nepal were not known. At the moment, foreign ministry is aware of 30 Estonian citizens currently in Nepal. Regarding 25 of them the ministry has been confirmed that their lives have been spared.
- In May more tourists stayed in accommodation establishmentsEconomy
- Russia visited mainly to fetch foodEconomy
- Number of tourists using the services of accommodation establishments increasedEconomy
- The number of tourists remained at the previous year’s levelEconomy
- In February, more tourists stayed in accommodation establishments than a year agoEconomy
- Hundreds of Estonians drawn to dangerous EgyptLocal News
- The number of foreign tourists in accommodation establishments increasedEconomy
- Editorial: the untold and untapped treasures of tourismOpinionHolidays and the change of year mean impressive amounts of tourists in our midst, helped along by extra trains and additional buses. This is reason to rejoice for local tourism companies and all who have laboured to make Estonia known. Recent articles in international media praising Estonia as the Undiscovered Pearl of Europe and a wondersome spot to spend Christmas/New Year surely helped a lot.
- Editorial: excellent idea aimed amissOpinionLast week-end saw removal from Internet of Matryoshka-ads by Enterprise Estonia, supposedly showing the country off as a wonderful tourism destination for people from Russia. Reason for removal was displeasure at the ad, in which viewers failed to see advancement for Estonian tourism – nor an acceptable attitude towards inhabitants of Russia. And rightly so: the way the wooden dolls were treated, in the ads, revealed no respect of another culture; nor did it leave viewers with the impression of us having much to offer... except for xenophobia.
- Russians baffled by Enterprise Estonia campaignEconomy