CEO of road construction company charged with fostering fraudLocal News
- Members of the passport mafia stand trialLocal News
- Latvian police catch Estonians with EUR 2 mln worth of hashishLocal News
- Lawyers of Savisaar see ray of hopeLocal News
- Prison sentence requested for man who threatened prime ministerLocal News
- Lawyers of Savisaar delve into dossierLocal News
- The great Tartu bribery scandalLocal NewsIn Tartu, the Raadi city district development was seen as a shiny success story in the making. Like the harbour area in Tallinn, so to speak. Turns out, for the Soc Dem deputy mayor in charge Kajar Lember it brought accusations of accepting bribes. Mr Lember was not about city interests at all, it is suggested.
- Estonian cyberscam defendant sentenced to 7 yrs in jail in USEstonian news
- How to seize a tonne of drugsLocal News
- Raivo Susi feels like FSB hostageLocal NewsOne version why aviation businessman Raivo Susi in talks with Russian national arms seller Rosoboroneksport was arrested sounds quite banal: FSB is accusing him in espionage just to swap him for some of their agents jailed in Estonia. In his letter to Postimees, Mr Susi says he is incline to believe that himself.
- Dealer swollows fentanyl as arrested. Stomach cut openLocal News
- Notes point at Ain Kaljurand pocketing a millionLocal News
- Jihadist's supporters jailedLocal News
- New episode emerging in Savisaar suspicionLocal News
- Estonia's top court upholds Savisaar's suspension from officeLocal NewsThe ruling of the first tier Harju county court to exclude leader of the Center Party Edgar Savisaar from the office of mayor of Tallinn in connection with his being a suspect in a corruption investigation, upheld by the Tallinn Circuit Court in October, has been cleared also by the Supreme Court, which has refused to handle an appeal by Savisaar's lawyer Oliver Naas.
- Parish governments come under Central Criminal Police scrutinyLocal News
- Ukraine to charge Yanukovych by default in leading criminal groupEstonian news
- Reasons why Ms and Mr Rosimannus were spared from scrutiny Autorollo criminal case rolls past «first political couple»Local News
- «You're next...»Local News
- Death of builder raises eyebrowsLocal NewsIn theory, anything is possible. The dead man was discovered on a forest path he had no reason to wander. Next to corpse stood sports shoes several sizes smaller. His skull features a large hole, probably by a hit from behind with a blunt object. The conclusion: deranged, the man might have fallen to his own death in dark woods. This, at least, was what prosecutor’s office thinks how Christer Loorents, a builder, perished.
- «You’ve done everything right and then the state turns its back on you»Local NewsThe headline is quoting a foreign investor and entrepreneur after €37,000 were stolen from his company by an executive. Though the theft is evidenced by video materials and falsification of company accounts, this was not reason enough for police to investigate. At least not until Postimees took a journalistic interest.
- Guys accused of rape acquittedLocal News
- Fast loan sharks seizedLocal NewsThe sight in Rahumäe, Tallinn police house parking lot last week was rather unusual: law and order people in private clothing, having held an outwardly calm chat with three guys, pinned the latter to the ground. A criminal gang that spent these past years assuming SMS quick loans and charging instalment purchases using identities of homeless and outcasts was thus apprehended.
- Theft of drug money ends in disabilityLocal News
- Militants from Estonia face criminal casesLocal News
- Glamorous crook acted as citizen of EstoniaLocal News
- Estonian security service detains member of Afghan war veterans' associationLocal News
- Cop complains about kick by bossLocal NewsNew standard set at solving differences on the job: a policeman just thoroughly demoted during reforms tells internal audit his new superior kicked and verbally abused him at exercises. The kick was a reality, but this week prosecutor’s office closed the case due to lack of necessary elements of criminal offence.
- A spy chief on cocaineLocal News