Citizens said no to blanket citizenshipLocal News
- Government scored half a victory in administrative reform caseLocal News
- Free Party proposes ministerial suitability criteriaLocal News
- Veronica Anghel: a directly elected president may not be the best choice of structural reformOpinion
- Administrative reform fate slipping into Supreme Court handsLocal NewsAccording to thorough legal analysis completed last week the administrative reform violates constitutional rights of local governments in several issues. If Supreme Court sides with the local governments who ordered the analysis, part of the law is likely to be annulled and the reform will not be fully carried out.
- Two chair bill will produce retarded policy Former Chancellor of Justice takes a standLocal NewsTomorrow is second Riigikogu reading for draft act allowing parliament members to also sit on local councils. Former Chancellor of Justice Allar Jõks fought it back then and is fighting it now, claiming the descent of Riigikogu people upon councils is a sign of shortage of party cadres and will hinder development.
- Editorial: statemanship v cheap points huntOpinionAssessing the legislation, we paint quite a good picture of responsibility shown at Toompea. Five years ago, Estonian Service Industry Association initiated its best/worst law competition doing a decent job reflecting the words/deeds balance in our politicians. Wanting to get something done in earnest v pure populism.
- Rigid law obstructs humane approach Police and Border Guard on Albanian family exceptionLocal NewsPolice and Border Guard Board (PPA) deputy director-general Priit Pärkna says migration office has been at pains to find a way to remain in Estonia for the Albanian family successfully adapted. Even so, the officials are now looking to lawgivers as humane decisions are hindered by stiffness of current law.
- IRL wants constitution to state marriage is between man, womanLocal News
- Estonia's justice chancellor says mandate doesn't exempt anyone from liabilityLocal News
- Estonian parlt repeals unconstitutional restriction of minors' right to abortionLocal News
- State seeking solution to cut serial complainingLocal News