Alcohol shelves gathering dust in South EstoniaEconomy
- A step into LatviaEconomy
- Latvian alcohol merchant: success was unexpectedEconomy
- Alcohol sales cut in halfEconomy
- Judge caught driving under the influence fails to show in courtLocal NewsBehavior of Pärnu county courthouse justice Rein Pokk, who was caught behind the wheel in a state of intoxication, serves as an example on how to handle such situations: do not blow into the breathalyzer but demand a blood test instead as time is ticking in your favor. Next, contest the test procedure and don't show up in court.
- Beer giants fail to change government's mindEconomy
- Ossinovski drops gas stations alcohol banLocal NewsEven though Minister of Health Care and Labor Jevgeni Ossinovski said alcohol would disappear from gas stations as recently as late December, the ministry has now introduced draft legislation that does not include the ban and exempts small shops from moving alcohol out of sight. Changes will, however, ban alcohol advertisements on social media.
- Prosecutor to appeal decision to drop 1 charge in Liviko case due to expiryEconomy
- Work continues on drunk driving billLocal News
- Circuit court also deems lawful restrictions against Tallinn Old Town barsLocal NewsThe Tallinn circuit court on Thursday upheld a decision made by the administrative court to not allow an appeal submitted by OU Valli, Lab OU, Acacia Trade OU, Taco Express OU, Nimeta Management OU, St. Patrick's OU and Kanteron BVI OU in connection with a decision of the Tallinn city government to impose economic activity restrictions on bars mainly situated on Suur-Karja Street in the Old Town, and changed the decision of the lower-tier court regarding M&A Pubid OU.
- Gap between light and strong alcohol excise duty dries upEconomy
- Cameras to monitor alcohol touristsEconomy
- Punishment for post-accident alcohol consumption to be toughenedLocal News
- Police solves some 500 incidents at WeekendLocal News
- Fresh sales ban not quite working Kids still just might get their ciderLocal News
- Boy of 16 dead after tinkering with stranger's carLocal News
- Alcohol makers deny link to tipple shop in LatviaEconomy
- Estonians go to Latvia to bring booze for whole tribe Finns also spottedEconomy«Here for the first time, out of mere curiosity,» says Maie Krimm, here in Latvia all the way from Pärnu. The shopping cart pushed by joint effort with husband Jaan holds three cases of beer, several bottles of vodka and some other extra such stuff. The lady says that is not for them alone, for tonight. «We ain't no drunkards!» hollers Ms Krimm and tells us that part of the haul is for relatives.
- Buying a bottle? Show the passportLocal News
- Adviser to Rõivas not backing down on excise riseEconomyContradicting the everyday experience of Estonians getting cheap alcohol from Valka, Latvia right across the border, adviser to Prime Minister on economy and finances Martin Lindpere cites statistics to prove the price levels of Estonia and Latvia do not differ much. Also, he assures us that Taavi Rõivas has entered no contract in the interests of Alko, the Finnish monopoly, to level vodka prices between the neighbouring nations.
- Editorial: conflict v compromiseOpinionTo a degree, stiffness and «my way» is turning into a stumbling stone for a key figure in current governing coalition, health and labour minister Jevgeni Ossinovski. After rising to lead Soc Dems in May 2015, he was expected to do a kind of restart and raise the party's popularity and profile by bringing it out of the shadows of partners.
- Drunk driver hits bus shelter, seven reported injuredLocal News
- The dark side of the tough guysLocal News
- Elderly stuck in wards with mentally ill and dangerousLocal News
- Kids do drugs at party, GHB talk unconfirmedLocal News
- Editorial: children playingOpinionSome two dozen minors got caught in a Rapla County birthday party by police, drunk. Turned out afterwards, drugs were involved. As one developed alcohol poisoning, they hauled her to the highway side so arrival of ambulance would not spoil the fun. The kids were taken to police station to be fetched by parents.
- Estonian justice minister does not approve alcohol law amendmentsLocal News
- Dmitrijev to possibly escape criminal penalty Deputy denies drunk driving, says sipped after accidentLocal News
- Criminal proceeding opened as MP's blood alcohol content exceeds 1.5 permilleLocal News
- Rest in Noise, Lemmy!CultureMotörhead's Lemmy's dead. Initially i guessed this to be some Internet-hoax, a practical joke about this guy meant to be immortal. So it wasn't, and was for real. Real as Lemmy and the real ones do die. But Lemmy was also a myth and these stay around. One of the absolute rock’n’roll, of the attitude.
- Valga buys booze from ValkaLocal News
- Editorial: no taboo topicsOpinionThe views expressed at Public Broadcasting (ERR) heads meeting that while discussing drug policy we should not give the floor to those favouring legalization of cannabis corresponds not to the balanced debate principle ERR should stand for. Understandably, the ERR leaders feel their responsibility. Understandably, the sense of responsibility contradicts ERR enhancing behaviour damaging to health. But this will not mean that a debate birthed in society may be limited to views of one side alone.
- Producers boil over at alcohol policy «favouring Finland»Economy