Case with €700,000 stolen on board Sweden ferryLocal News
- Judge caught driving under the influence fails to show in courtLocal NewsBehavior of Pärnu county courthouse justice Rein Pokk, who was caught behind the wheel in a state of intoxication, serves as an example on how to handle such situations: do not blow into the breathalyzer but demand a blood test instead as time is ticking in your favor. Next, contest the test procedure and don't show up in court.
- Metropol shooter a criminal rogueLocal NewsPaata Sakhokia is a criminal figure with a Georgian background who has recently made it to the top of Estonia's most wanted list. He is wanted by both the criminal police and the local criminal underground that branded Sakhokia a rogue through an act of payback carried out in Männiku five years ago.
- Leadership crisis in organized crimeLocal NewsChief of the central criminal police Krista Aas tells Postimees in an interview how her operatives prevented a murder last year, how the police are involved in protecting the suspect in Nikolai Tarankov's murder, how organized crime is reorganizing itself after recent turbulent events, and how detectives discovered one of the past year's most dramatic economic crimes in Poland.
- Blackmail using nudesLocal NewsIt all started with words. “See, now you have a man who appreciates you and treats you like a princess,” 37-year-old hobby actor and cashier Margus Sepp wrote to one of his victims in October of 2014. A little later he added: “Darling, you are in my heart, and soul, and head every minute.” (spelling unchanged here and elsewhere – ed.)
- Middle-aged women hit by a cut treeLocal NewsA 53-year-old woman lost her life in Võru county on Tuesday as she was hit by a cut tree in a forest near Augli village, Rõuge municipality, and died at the spot. According to Southern Police Prefecture, a 32-year-old man was doing the logging. Augli village head Silvi Luha said that the victim had been a local resident and her lifelong neighbor. “She was a nice woman, very helpful,” she said.