Engines selected for new ferries come with great costsEconomy
- Network operator says Estonia to halve power productionEconomy
- EU energy chief differs with Nord Stream 2 teamEconomyVice president of European Commission regarding energy union, Maroš Šefčovič says no business project has encountered such political headwinds as the Nord Stream 2 (NS2) pipeline. If the builders wish to carry out their current plans to complete the work by 2019, he says they will have to consider all EU rules the third energy package included.
- Editorial: the Russian gas gunOpinionDuring the reign of Vladimir Putin, the Kremlin has used state gas monopoly Gazprom as foreign policy tool to retain influence over neighbours. Since the Ukraine-Russia gas fights in mid-2000ies, energy security and reducing dependency on Russian gas, currently about quarter of gas consumed in Europe, has continually been on European agenda.
- Nord Stream 2 – super profit, security threat, or both?EconomyThe Nord Stream 2 (NS2) pipeline planned in Baltic Sea to take natural gas from Vyborg, Russia to Greifswald, Germany and be completed by end of 2019 promises all to reap billions of euros of profit. That is the mantra repeated by people working for the project when one says he doubts profitability of the mega project. That despite the conditions where natural gas price is down more than by half during these past two years.
- Finns begin assembling Megastar Keel laid for passenger ship burning LNGEconomy
- Africa en example for energy independence to EstoniaEconomy
- Gas pipe route defies distress of localsEconomy
- Estonia must find storage location for 30,000 cubic meters of minimum gas supplyEconomy
- Estonia in position to turn off winter gas for RussiaEconomy
- Estonian recommendations for LNG terminal based on PIANC guidelines - ministryEconomyThe Finnish gas company Gasum's statement according to which the questions raised by Estonian institutions in the process of environmental impact assessment for a liquefied natural gas (LNG) terminal the firm plans to build in Finland are based on inaccurate data is incorrect, the Estonian Ministry of Economic Affairs and Communications says.
- Estonian claims re LNG terminal not applicable in Finland - GasumEconomy
- Study commissioned by Estonian ministry shows Paldiski as best location for LNG terminalEconomyWhile from LNG trading and gas flows point of view it doesn't make a substantial difference whether the new regional terminal for liquefied natural gas (LNG) is situated in Inkoo, Finland or Paldiski, Estonia, navigation related issues make it cheaper to build it in Paldiski, a study on the subject for the Estonian Ministry of Economy and Communications by former Eesti Energia board member Harri Mikk says.
- Barroso agrees to act as independent arbiter in LNG terminal issueEconomy
- Editorial: fighting friends, seeking neutral mediatorsOpinionAs evidenced by Finland and Estonia contending over the LNG terminal location, the greatest of friends can fight like dogs for a bone, till the last minute – even at the threat of losing time and losing it all. As confirmed, yesterday, by ministers of both countries, they would now respect a decision by the European Commission as to where the regional LNG terminal should be built – with good luck, brakes coming off the process. Politically, however, the dispute points at the pain of regional cooperation. Even with everybody agreeing, in principle, with the need of it.
- Estonia, Finland to ask for Commission's assessment on LNG terminal projectsEconomyEstonia's Minister of Economic Affairs and Communications Juhan Parts and Finland's Economic Affairs Minister Jan Vapaavuori agreed during their meeting in Tallinn on Monday that for equal treatment of the two countries' competing LNG terminal projects it makes sense for an independent assessment to be conducted by the European Commission.
- Location of Baltic Sea LNG terminal has to be decided by end of JuneEconomy
- Eesti Gaas: building LNG terminal in Estonia would badly postpone construction of pipelineEconomy
- Joint Baltic LNG terminal should be located at Paldiski or Muuga - Estonian ministerEconomy
- Gazprom wants regional LNG terminal to be built in FinlandEconomy
- Agreeing on LNG terminal's location will be difficult - Estonian ministerEconomy
- LNG bunkering study will be performed by PöyryEconomyPöyry Management Consulting Oy was chosen by Port of Tallinn as the successful bidder of the simplified procurement for feasibility study and cost-benefit analysis of liquefied natural gas (LNG) bunkering infrastructure construction in the harbours of Port of Tallinn. The total of six companies participated in the procurement, reported Port of Tallinn.