Teachers' salary to rise twice next yearLocal News
- Editorial: we know how much they makeOpinion
- Local leaders carry differing price tagsLocal News
- The state to again alter pension systemEconomyAfter every five years the state analyses if our pension system is financially and socially sustainable. Again, a fresh related report is being prepared. What's more: in its action programme, the government has promised to consider introducing flexible retirement age and faster rise of base amount of pensions – a task which the ministries have indeed been performing this past year both by meeting interest groups and analyzing Excel tables.
- Coaches see salaries soar... by entire euro! As grants increase, so does amount of recipientsSport
- New budget head sees trouble ahead in economy of EstoniaEconomyAs Estonia's veteran budget watchdog Andrus Säälik assumed post as permanent Estonian adviser at OECD in Paris, his chair in September was filled by Sven Kirsipuu with 18 years at finance ministry under his belt. Tomorrow, state budget undergoes its first reading at Riigikogu. To mark the occasion, we thought we'd ask him how Estonian economy is doing?
- Editorial: a reform better unnoticed by citizensOpinionWith state organisations reorganising their staff and activities, to the man in the street the true reasons for it will often remain hazy – for the simple reason, mostly, that they have no direct contact with the domain. Some, of course, will always emotionally say that officialdom needs thinning; others will worry about the service – the state being thin as it is.
- In 2013 the average monthly gross wages and salaries were 949 eurosEconomyAccording to Statistics Estonia, in 2013, the average monthly gross wages and salaries were 949 euros and the average hourly gross wages and salaries were 5.73 euros. Compared to 2012, the average monthly gross wages and salaries increased 7.0% and the average hourly gross wages and salaries increased 7.3%.
- Half of criminal policemen to lose statusLocal News
- Police and Border Guard Board to dismiss half of top managementLocal News
- Average monthly and hourly gross wages increased in all economic activitiesEconomyAccording to Statistics Estonia, in the 1st quarter of 2014, the average monthly gross wages and salaries were 966 euros and the average hourly gross wages and salaries were 6.02 euros. Compared to the 1st quarter of 2013, the average monthly gross wages and salaries increased 7.3% and the average hourly gross wages and salaries increased 6.9%.
- Editorial: why take hammer to drive in screw?Opinion
- Editorial: on sportsmen, salaries and... envelopesOpinionRule of thumb: scholarships for students, wages for working men. Accordingly, Estonia’s sportsmen and coaches, as well as referees, sports physicians and other personnel, fall somewhere in-between the two: working, yet living on scholarships. Basically, we have to do with a national tax optimization scheme. To the shock of sports circles, taxman now thinks this ain’t right.
- Workers expect faster pay rise as prices have been rising long - Estonian union bodyEconomy
- Real wage growth to accelerate in Estonia as inflation eases - analystEconomy