Teachers' salary to rise twice next yearLocal News
- More first-graders this yearLocal News
- Parents cross swords with local leaders Kids march along in battle to save schoolLocal News
- Emotions the string pulling Estonians back home againCulture
- Editorial: the kids sports parental hate speech issueOpinion
- Arabic speakers countable on fingersLocal News
- Mastering Estonian: two years will doLocal News
- Estonia lacks teachers for refugee children - school directorLocal News
- Teaching Estonian: the good, the bad and the uglyLocal NewsAs admitted by Estonians teaching at Russian schools, the level the official language is taught is largely up to headmaster and other school management. A motley scene, but not hopeless. And how could it be hopeless when over a quarter of Russian kids at basic schools takes «language immersion» or goes to an Estonian school altogether?
- Editorial: small schools under shadow of axeOpinion«If school goes, life goes – from a village or a commune.» This, according to think-tank Praxis analysis on Estonian schools network, is a widespread statement on why Estonia keeps keeping alive its schools with few students. The same study claims the reasoning amounts to superficial simplification: a school alone will not breathe life into a region.