Fraudster, saint or two-faced Janus?Local News
- Court suspends Savisaar from being mayor of TallinnLocal News
- Savisaar establishes hospital room headquartersLocal News
- The scandal long feared laid bareLocal News
- Officials say state unable to prevent domestic violenceLocal News
- Guys accused of rape acquittedLocal News
- Minister: discontentment in prosecutors died downLocal NewsAccording to justice minister Hanno Pevkur, Estonia’s preventive measure, in the light of European Human Rights’ Court (ECHR) decision, to quickly cut amount of those jailed in Estonia was the right thing to do, as, in ECHR assessment, cell area less than three square metres per inmate violates their human rights.
- Tallinn prosecutors rebelLocal News«I will not, by my signature, agree to an untruthful regulation to annul a preventive measure as if «basis had fallen off» or for some other artificial or essentially false reason. I am not intending to answer victims’ questions by lying that there was no basis for arrest; when asked, I intend to answer honestly: ministry of justice has failed to guarantee amount of places and prosecutor’s office, as an institution, is political and depends on the ministry.»