Ten important ideas to give Estonia the next decadeEconomy
- Live broadcast: international cyber conflict conference CyCon 2016 Tune in on 1-3 JuneLocal News
- 10th Lennart Meri Conference to focus on future of Europe, the WestLocal News
- The duel that never happened Centre Party serves up «disappointment»Local News
- Camp Savisaar airdrop on Tartu flopsLocal News
- 1,092 delegates and 1,500 ballotsLocal News
- Postimees provides exclusive coverage from security conference in Riga, Latvia Tune in on Friday and SaturdayEstonian news
- Why President Meri held press conference in airport toiletCulture
- Adviser to Tusk: Estonia safe as part of World SchemeLocal NewsIn his book on the end of Estonian Soviet Socialist Republic and its foreign ministry under Lennart Meri titled «The International Man» (Rahvusvaheline mees), Mihkel Mutt describes a clerk Fabian ordered by boss to switch Estonia into World Scheme as fast as at all possible. Now, Estonia is part of the World Scheme, ensuring its protection in this troubled world, Riina Ruth Kionka – foreign policy adviser to European Council president Donald Tusk and a guest at Lennart Meri Conference this past weekend in Tallinn – tells Postimees in interview.
- Toom fetches EU funds to probe woes in North-East EstoniaLocal NewsYana Toom (Centre Party), elected into European Parliament with over 25,000 votes, has asked for close to €30,000 from European liberal faction in order to host a conference in her electoral district Narva three weeks before Estonian general elections, focussed on the situation and security of the Russian-speaking minority.
- Prime Minister drags Defence Forces into politicsLocal NewsIn Estonia yesterday, NATO secretary-general Jens Stoltenberg met at Ämari Air Base with local servicemen and Prime Minister Taavi Rõivas (Reform Party, RE), but defence minister Sven Mikser (soc dems, SDE) was not invited – due to opposition by prime minister and his team, we hear. Also, Mr Stoltenberg festively met with President Toomas Henrik Ilves and foreign minister Keit Pentus-Rosimannus (RE). The meeting with Mr Mikser got scheduled last of all.
- President Ilves at the United Nations World Conference on Indigenous PeoplesLocal News
- Editorial: understanding heavy metalOpinionNeither Europe nor the world itself aren’t what they used to be during the final years that Lennart Meri was with us. «It’s the war drums sounding again,» said a veteran Finnish diplomat Jaakko Iloniemi, former ambassador to the US, in the conclusive lecture of Lennart Meri Conference – the 7th of its kind. «We are told that national borders drawn randomly and unfairly are redrawn. But what would the European map look like if one European nation after the other would raise a battle cry declaring that they have been unfairly treated, that they also have suffered?»