Editorial: let's bring violent deaths down by halfOpinion
- Three young lives lost in car wreckLocal News
- Estonia ranks 10th in EU in terms of road safetyLocal News
- Estonian state to make waves by training every child into swimmerLocal News
- Editorial: the Estonian arms countdownOpinion
- Editorial: at rest. At homeOpinion«My father’s land, my dearest love, I’ll never thee forsake, And should I die a thousand deaths, That penalty I’ll take! Let jealous strangers say their part, They’ll never tear thee from my heart, My father’s land!» as goes a best known poem known and sung in Estonia, by Lydia Koidula, to then state the solemn desire to «lay to rest here in thy bosom, my sacred land Estonia!»
- Producers boil over at alcohol policy «favouring Finland»Economy
- Ministry makes ready for climate to changeLocal News
- Editorial: rarely, but happen it doesOpinionIn Europe at least, flying has felt like a super safe thing to do for a long while. Occasionally, we do read the news about accidents with casualties, but usually «where we are not» or where we travel seldom – Asia, Africa, or Russia, to look closer. In European Union, we have flight safety rules in place, the surveillance does function, and moving about the continent by plane has long ceased to seem like an adventure.
- Grim Reaper kept busy by ignorance and negligenceHealth
- Snowtubing claims life in South-EstoniaLocal News
- Rescue Board head: leaving Laekvere family without electricity was irresponsibleLocal News
- Editorial: the depressing data on deaths by injuryOpinionIn order to coordinate policy on prevention of injuries and deaths by these, a working group was instituted. Yet another legalese-sounding committee? Not this time. In reality, this is an extremely serious set of problems that the society will need to tackle if – as a nation – we wish to live a live healthier and happier.
- Saving the fellow drug addictLocal News
- Editorial: let’s tackle the accidental deathsOpinion
- Paet: Israel and Palestine must avoid further brutalityLocal News
- In 2013 gone by, accidents claimed 186 livesLocal NewsThe number of people perished in fire, water, and traffic was the smallest in decades; even so, accidents claimed 186 lives. The largest improvement – seven deaths less, over a year – came in the area of fires: first time for Estonia, the figure remained under 50. According to Rescue Board preventive department head Indrek Ints, last year brought less fires in buildings than before.
- Onto the road. The endLocal News