Number of passengers traveling from Finland to Estonia, Sweden on same level for 1st timeLocal News
- Estonian union has ship seized by court for unpaid wagesEconomy
- Finns begin assembling Megastar Keel laid for passenger ship burning LNGEconomy
- Expert amazed at strange ship price gapEconomy
- Five years in jail explainedEstonian news
- At long last: cog aged 700 reaches maritime museumLocal News
- Medieval cog parked beneath building in TallinnLocal News
- Oldies appear to replace new ferriesLocal News
- Estonian ministry, Port of Tallinn sign ferry service contractEconomy
- Estonian pirate fighters save Swedish coupleLocal News
- Another security system applied to Gulf of FinlandLocal News
- Editorial: hoist Estonian flag in mast of every vessel? Never!Opinion
- Maritime reforms run agroundEconomyIn 1993, close to 70 cargo ships sailed under Estonian flag. Since April, the number is zero. In cooperation with economy ministry, maritime council (Merendusnõukoda) has worked for reforms for years. They have come up with a 94-page base document, and its application plan. By some, tax policy by Reform Party is seen as headwind.
- Estonia to write off €700,000, minimumLocal NewsThe state has wasted at least €700,000 to design an Arctic ice-breaker never to be built. Of that, €150,000 shall be fine for premature termination of contract. The rest has been paid to a Finnish company for project design already done. On top of this, the state has transferred €957,000 as advance payment to the account of Aker Arctic Technology. According to economy ministry vice chancellor Eero Pärgmäe, they have the company’s oral agreement to get the money back.
- Estonia's oldest tall ship remains strandedLocal News
- Ship catches fire at BLRT shipyard in TallinnLocal News