Editorial: on Russia's August curseOpinion
- Hanso: Kremlin itself is turning Ukraine into a Western nationEstonian news
- Foreign minister of Ukraine stresses need for greater European supportEstonian news
- Searches for Varvara's slayer spanned cities in Russia and BelarusLocal News
- Dozens of flights above a reactor in flamesEstonian news
- Tallink rescues listed firms resultsEconomy
- Ilves commends German, French leaders for Minsk agreementsLocal News
- Editorial: the Minsk gambitOpinionA sleepless night spent in Minsk, Belarus by four heads of European states has yielded a rather vague-worded declaration regarding the conflict in Ukraine while still stressing two vital principles – territorial integrity or Ukraine (without a word, though, on Crimea), and the need for a peaceful solution.
- Editorial: expand the sanctionsOpinionTill last week but one, with a measure of confidence one may have predicted that the year ahead would see lively discussions within European Union about easing the sanctions set to keep Russia in check. By its behaviour last week, the Kremlin has done away with any arguments for the latter. By now, even those wilfully blind should see that the peace agreement isn’t being honoured – neither by the Kremlin, not by the separatists it backs.
- Estonian PM: Russia must follow provisions of Minsk ProtocolLocal News