Pentus-Rosimannus possibly involved with ArsenalLocal News
- Private detectives behold business boom on horizonLocal News
- Reasons why Ms and Mr Rosimannus were spared from scrutiny Autorollo criminal case rolls past «first political couple»Local News
- Police seeks option to select crimes worthy of investigationLocal NewsA fresh example out of real life: a divorced father was supposed, at ex-wife’s request, to drive daughter to a dancing class by car. The child failed to exit the building in time, searching for her clothes. The father entered to help the kid, found the clothes and got his daughter to the class on time. Arriving home, the mother filed complaint to court as, entering into the apartment, the father violated court-imposed ban of approach. Legally speaking, this was illegal entry into private property.
- Russia presents note to Estonia over investigation of Ganin deathEstonian news
- «You’ve done everything right and then the state turns its back on you»Local NewsThe headline is quoting a foreign investor and entrepreneur after €37,000 were stolen from his company by an executive. Though the theft is evidenced by video materials and falsification of company accounts, this was not reason enough for police to investigate. At least not until Postimees took a journalistic interest.
- Editorial: the court just does its jobOpinionBoys accused in attempted rape of a girl of 12 were acquitted, by court. Criticism towards the court overflowed, in newspaper websites and social networks. Gender equality commissioner weighed in, finding that court judgments are often gender-biased. Anger boiled over. Understandably, as a child has suffered.
- Unknown hooligan vandalizes War of Independence monumentLocal News
- Suspects shun showdown with doping docSport
- University winks at suspected plagiarismLocal NewsAs plagiarism suspicion surfaced regarding a doctoral thesis already defended, Tallinn University of Technology (TTÜ) acted in a way that laid bare a legal scheme how people, having received their Doctorates, may in case of suspicions withdraw the thesis, avoid inquiry, and keep it all within university walls.