Fuel retailers under scrutinyEconomy
- Entrepreneurs see profit tax as threat to competitivenessEconomy
- Kremlin propaganda portal head Kornilov detained by Estonian policeLocal News
- Adviser to Rõivas not backing down on excise riseEconomyContradicting the everyday experience of Estonians getting cheap alcohol from Valka, Latvia right across the border, adviser to Prime Minister on economy and finances Martin Lindpere cites statistics to prove the price levels of Estonia and Latvia do not differ much. Also, he assures us that Taavi Rõivas has entered no contract in the interests of Alko, the Finnish monopoly, to level vodka prices between the neighbouring nations.
- Sõnajalg bros wind park partly financed by major Swedish tax debtorEconomyBusy building a Sindi, Pärnu County wind park, Eurowind is owned by equal parts by turbine maker Eleon owned by Andres and Oleg Sõnajal, and a Panama-registered company E3WA. Representative and owner of the latter is Pär Anton Henrik Stigell (46) who according to Swedish tax board data owes the state 130 million kronor (€14.2m). Into the wind farm, Mr Stigell has invested half million euros.
- At long last: conceptual design for more lenient taxation of company cars completed Kilowatts will be the issue!Economy
- Creditor Marcel Vichmann: God knows what Norberg arranged over there Waves from Panama splash on Estonian shoreEconomy
- He worked for years at other end of Estonia. Never knew itLocal News
- New budget head sees trouble ahead in economy of EstoniaEconomyAs Estonia's veteran budget watchdog Andrus Säälik assumed post as permanent Estonian adviser at OECD in Paris, his chair in September was filled by Sven Kirsipuu with 18 years at finance ministry under his belt. Tomorrow, state budget undergoes its first reading at Riigikogu. To mark the occasion, we thought we'd ask him how Estonian economy is doing?
- Editorial: tax law change breeds quitting feelingOpinion
- Finance minister suspects several reasonsEconomy
- Taxman had enoughEconomy
- Feels like farmers have perhaps survivedEconomy
- Farmers furious at requirement to register all handsLocal News