Estonia wants to make Google and Facebook payEconomy
- Editorial: e-image marredOpinionRightfully, we the people are proud of our e-Estonian reputation. To build that, lots of effort has been applied and much money spent. As pioneers in the domain, at times we'll unavoidably err. At that, what we must not do is squander the trust by affording sloppiness and stupid blunders. In a day of ever increasing popularity of e-services, we must be able to rely on professionalism in people and agencies ensuring glitch-free functioning of the systems.
- All e-residents got faulty cardsLocal News
- Editorial: the force majeure of developmentOpinionThe Postimees of today holds an interview with vice president of Gartner, a leading US IT-consultancy. A man tasked with interpreting technology trends to business leaders and demonstrating how technological changes impact society. «Companies need to constantly update themselves,» is a main message of the story. «One can’t expect to be doing the same job as now, in 30 years.»
- Estonian authors to make money on YouTubeEconomy
- President Ilves at an influential Google conference: IT solutions made Estonia greatEconomy"Decisions made shortly after regaining independence, such as computer classes in schools and ensuring free internet all over the country, along with functioning IT solutions and e-services, have made Estonia greater beyond its geographical borders," President Toomas Hendrik Ilves said today at the Google conference Zeitgeist 2013.
- Henrik Roonemaa: when computers rate artOpinionLate Wednesday night, a new fascinating service was announced by Google’s bosses in San Francisco, in front of 6,000 onlookers and over a million Youtube viewers. Many of us have probably been faced with a situation, for instance, when, returning from a trip, all the thousand pictures shot should be reviewed, sorted out, the bad ones (and repeats) deleted and a few dozen kept – if lucky. Most of us lack the time and the will for doing that. Thus, Google is volunteering to do the bothersome job for us. Load the pictures into the Google server and the computer decides for you, which are the better ones.
- Google and Facebook hide size of income in EstoniaEconomy