Dutch portal ignored the letter by Estonian MFAEstonian news
- What do the Dutch have against Ukraine?OpinionWhen I was asked to explain ‘what the Dutch have against Ukraine’ to an Estonian public, I initially wondered whether this is the right question to ask. On 6 April the Dutch voted against the association agreement between the European Union and Ukraine, but the turnout was only 32 percent. One could perhaps ask why the Dutch do not care about Ukraine. On the other hand, I know many people who are in favour of the agreement, but stayed at home. They either oppose referenda on principled grounds, or feel uncomfortable with the way this referendum came about. To make the question even more complicated, some leaders of the no-camp claim that they act in the best interest of both Dutch and Ukrainian ordinary citizens.
- Combat vehicles blessed with sistersLocal News
- Editorial: who pulled the trigger?OpinionBy Dutch led investigation into Boeing 777-200 of Malaysia Airlines shot down above East-Ukraine on July 17th 2014, no explicit answer was provided as to who pulled the trigger to bring death to 298 people. What we do know is that Russia has stoked and stirred the events indirectly and directly causing the calamity.
- Estonian guys tower among the tall in EuropeLocal News
- New Dutch monarch visited Estonia in 2002Local News
- Great game coming, tomorrow: supercoach van Gaal correcting mistakesSportLouis van Gaal (61), with Dutch, Spanish and German championship wins under his belt, plus an UEFA Champions League triumph, has almost all a club coach could ever dream to achieve. Today’s Estonian boasts a guy who knows Mr van Gaal and his handwriting better than anyone around – Captain Ragnar Klavan. In January 2009, Klavan went to AZ Alkmaar to be under Mr van Gaal. By April, he was embracing the Dutch Cup.