State files claim against ID-card manufacturerLocal News
- RIA: old operating systems could lock ID-cardsLocal NewsThe State Information System’s Authority (RIA) says that feedback from the ID-card update process suggests some people are using outdated operating systems that lack necessary security patches and might not support ID-cards with updated certificates. Using outdated operating systems could even lock ID-cards.
- ID-card certificates to be suspended tonightLocal NewsThe government supported a proposal by the Police and Border Guard Board (PPA) and the Estonian Information System’s Authority (RIA) to suspend certificates of ID-cards sporting a security vulnerability at midnight tonight at its cabinet meeting yesterday. This means that more than half of ID-cards in use will not function as electronic identification tools from Saturday.
- ID-card tip from Czech scientistsLocal News
- Estonian ID card security risk calls into question security of e-electionsLocal News
- The cyberspace arms raceEstonian news
- All e-residents got faulty cardsLocal News
- Finland and Estonia on joint X-Road starting NovemberEconomy
- Estonia – best target for cyber crookLocal NewsTaimar Peterkop (38), recently appointed head of Estonia’s Information System Authority (RIA), considers it his mission to raise state e-services to a new level and make communication easier between state and citizens. Regarding cyber security, Mr Peterkop says Estonia is among the best targets – having the stuff to attack.