Estonians the third tallest on planetEstonian news
- Tallinn to increasingly speak Russian 1Local NewsIn 2000–2011, largest numbers of Estonians in Tallinn moved to Pelgulinn, Kalamaja and Pääsküla. Regarding Russians, they were most inclined to go live in Laagna, Mustakivi and Väike-Õismäe city districts. Among the suburbs, Estonians overwhelmingly looked towards Viimsi while Russians resettled in Maardu. Among those who left Tallinn, Estonians spread all over Estonia and Russians firstly chose East-Viru County, industrial towns and Tartu.
- «I stay away from the Al-Qaeda and Taliban bunch and mind my own business» Ship guard answers our questions from prison in IndiaEstonian news
- Brotherhood (mis)understood Former first lady talking to PostimeesOpinionAt present, words of the cultured carry no such weight as at end of 1980ies, observes folklorist and former first lady Ingrid Rüütel (EKRE) while admitting Estonia could never solve the problems of the nations of the world. Even so, Estonia might play a part in international cooperation provided we feature wise, experienced and balanced politicians.
- In Meremäe, Setos set up Morning of Miracles Administrative reform turns turbulentLocal NewsThe cock was still crowing when Meremäe, a whopping-for-Estonia 300 kilometers from Tallinn, burst into a folksy spectacle. That being a colorful mix of native singing, police summonsed by council chairman, no confidence declared towards parish elder to be promptly repealed as the guy was voted back into office.
- Editorial: Estonians choose freedomOpinionYesterday, Republic of Estonia celebrated its 98th anniversary. Quite an age, while we will have to admit that though old in a sense we're still rather young as of the 98 years we have managed to be free for less than a half. As penned by a Russian philosopher Nikolai Berdyaev: slavery is easy and freedom is hard, and for that very reason nations often opt for the former. Even so, in the 20th century Estonians did twice clearly declare that they desire to be free and it is vital in the future to stay true to that choice.
- Having abandoned ship guards, employer still in business Advantfort probed by Postimees in journalistic experimentEstonian news