The sadness of medal snatched. The gladness of heights reachedSport
- Editorial: will public shame save fair play?OpinionThere's the written rules and there's the cultural aspect. First of all, fair play is based on the rules of the event itself, as well as banned substance list and the various penalties for violations thereof. But without explicit condemnation of doping within the domain and in public, even the written rules may not work and the fight against doping users proves vain.
- Estonian Olympic Committee entering presidential elections Three still running, five days to goSport
- Calgary mystery unveiled for Levandi jubilee: figure skater messed up medalSport«Oh, you are after interesting stuff!» an older man's voice answers the phone, briskly. «Allar is having a jubilee shortly, so occasion would dictate talking about the old issue. Even he doesn't know it all, probably.» The voice belongs to Vladimir Sorokin, director of boxing club Vityaz in Chekhov near Moscow. In 1988, he was main coach to Soviet Union's Nordic combined team at Calgary Olympics.
- ERR says money lacking, fails to convinceLocal NewsA storm is brewing around budget of Public Broadcasting (ERR) which threatens to bin part of next year's live broadcasts and lay off staff. And yet the Riigikogu finance committee last night supported not the granting of 650,000 extra euros to ERR as the claims about lack of money are allegedly unclear.
- Эстонские спортсмены везут со Специальной Олимпиады 14 медалей различного достоинстваRus.Postimees.ee