Cooperation between Nordica and LOT threat to neighborsEconomy
- Veronica Anghel: the worth of a NATO Eastern Flank Working GroupOpinionThe true value of binding agreements lies in their implementation. The willingness and attention with which a contract is negotiated is an indicator of the document’s ceremonial or substantial value. And then, the functioning mechanisms set up to implement these agreements make or break its success.
- The 2016 Warsaw NATO Summit: Poland’s hopes, or wishful thinkingOpinionWhen during the 2014 Newport Summit NATO’s decision-makers pointed at Warsaw as a destination for the next big gathering, it clearly confirmed the direction of NATO’s developments. The decision gave hope for bigger presence or even permanent bases of NATO on Polish soil. With political changes and difficult to understand moves of the new government in Warsaw, Polish voice at the Summit might lose its strength, and hopes might turn into wishful thinking.
- NATO advised to boost presence on Baltic Sea Study alerts Warsaw summit on potential «local conflict»Estonian newsThe Defence Committee of the Riigikogu (Estonian Parliament) commissioned ICDS to conduct a study on the strategic balance in the Baltic Sea region with aim to contribute, in the run up to the Warsaw Summit, to the discussion on the optimum Alliance military posture in the region. Underneath find its assumptions, findings and recommendations.
- Rõivas to critics: while you talk we workLocal NewsWithin first year while in coalition with Soc Dems and IRL, Prime Minister Taavi Rõivas (Reform) has managed to send administrative reform into parliament, tidy the eastern border and bring in seven refugees. Therefore, he dares say he's at helm of a government of great decisions and ambitious above average.
- Editorial: a $1bn pacifierOpinionOn Tuesday, the US President Barack Obama arrived in Poland with one billion dollars worth of measures to cement security of Central and Eastern Europe. The plan named European Reassurance Initiative might be interpreted as an initiative to pacify Europe or to restore its trust – and, doubtless, the step carries weight in helping us, in our corner of the world, to feel somewhat more serene towards the unpredictable Russia.