Students looking at higher credit pricesLocal News
tallinn university of technology
- Chief of Danske: pension investors need not worryEconomyLast year, Danske Bank begun the switch to corporate banking in Baltics and successfully so says its head in Estonia, Ivar Pae. As related to sale of Danske Bank pension funds to LHV the clients need not worry: the fund will be managed well even during times of transition i.e. as long as the transition is completed, he says.
- New budget head sees trouble ahead in economy of EstoniaEconomyAs Estonia's veteran budget watchdog Andrus Säälik assumed post as permanent Estonian adviser at OECD in Paris, his chair in September was filled by Sven Kirsipuu with 18 years at finance ministry under his belt. Tomorrow, state budget undergoes its first reading at Riigikogu. To mark the occasion, we thought we'd ask him how Estonian economy is doing?
- Gunnar Okk: related specialties should be taught in one universityOpinionTomorrow, Nordic Investment Bank vice president Gunnar Okk will address research and development committee chaired by Prime Minister to report on situation and options for higher education and research in Estonia. Employees at universities and research agencies are anxious to hear what the report will reveal. In interview underneath, Mr Okk will allow an initial peek.
- University of Tartu seeks to swallow three institutesLocal NewsDespite the sleepiness of summer, employees at the Institute of the Estonian Language (EKI) are deeply disturbed that their institution – a bastion to defend and develop the native tongue – is in danger of takeover by University of Tartu (TÜ) as approved by the very Ministry of Education and Research.
- Tallinn Tech's new board of governors to gather July 30Local NewsThe new lineup of the board of governors of the Tallinn University of Technology (TTU) is scheduled to meet on Thursday, July 30, and the items on the agenda of the meeting include election of the chairman of the board of governors, endorsing rector-elect Jaak Aaviksoo in the office or appointing a caretaker rector for up to one year, as well as making proposals as regards the TTU development plan for 2016-2020.