Lawyers of Savisaar delve into dossierLocal News
- The great Tartu bribery scandalLocal NewsIn Tartu, the Raadi city district development was seen as a shiny success story in the making. Like the harbour area in Tallinn, so to speak. Turns out, for the Soc Dem deputy mayor in charge Kajar Lember it brought accusations of accepting bribes. Mr Lember was not about city interests at all, it is suggested.
- Polish shipbuilder doesn't agree with corruption allegationLocal NewsThe Polish shipbuilder Remontowa Shipbuilding does not agree with the suspicion filed by prosecutors in Estonia that two members of their management have given a bribe to former managers of the Estonian state owned company Port of Tallinn to win a tender to build ferries for routes connecting the mainland and Estonia's big western islands.
- Editorial: The Fall of CorruptionOpinionThis fall, hardly a week goes by with no corruption case popping into public limelight. The former Port of Tallinn bosses. The Mayor of Tallinn suspected in accepting bribes. The incidents at local governments… The latest? Driving licence tests bribery suspicions at Road Administration, and a «passport mafia» network built on Police and Border Guard Board people.
- Editorial: Augean Stables, EstoniaOpinionWith an environment under a single individual or grouping for a longer while, own rules are established prescribing that once the situation changes, a great cleanup is needed. A dirty job, in all likelihood. The way mud wrestling goes, none of the participants stays clean - nor the ones to comment on the event. This is the way it seems to be going with ferryboat traffic to Estonia's major islands, for years the playground of a businessman Vjatšeslav Leedo.
- Estonian prosecution suspecting Kiil of accepting millions of euros in bribesLocal NewsFormer member of the board of the Estonian state-owned Port of Tallinn, Allan Kiil, is being suspected of accepting bribes worth millions of euros while former chairman of the board Ain Kaljurand is suspected of accepting hundreds of thousands of euros in bribes, public prosecutor Laura Feldmanis said on Friday at a press conference.