Head of criminal group gets long jail sentenceLocal News
- Last wish of Varvara's slayer: don't call ambulanceLocal NewsThe only encounter by police investigators in Tallinn with probable slayer of Varvara Ivanova was limited to formal questions. At the moment, none of the investigators was suspecting that the young man outwardly ordinary, as well as living with a woman, could be the target of an investigation of utmost importance.
- Ossinovski to tackle drugs policyHealthTowards the end of last year, debate heated up in Estonia regarding altering the foundations of drugs policy. Going by that, Soc Dems chairman and health minister Jevgeni Ossinovski said he would tackle the issue. Reasons for that abound: though deaths thru overdose are down more than twice these past years, with 84 cases Estonia still ranked at international «top» in 2015.
- Editorial: children playingOpinionSome two dozen minors got caught in a Rapla County birthday party by police, drunk. Turned out afterwards, drugs were involved. As one developed alcohol poisoning, they hauled her to the highway side so arrival of ambulance would not spoil the fun. The kids were taken to police station to be fetched by parents.
- Üks suvaline film muusikatööstusestKultuur«Tapa oma sõbrad» (originaalis «Kill Your Friends») on film muusikatööstusest. Sellest, kuidas muusikatööstuses asjad käivad. Selle peategelaseks on plaadifirma talendikütt Steven Stelfox (Nicholas Hoult), kes on küll küüniline ja ambitsioonikas, kuid kellel töös ikkagi väga hästi ei lähe – ta ei suuda talente leida, need libisevad tal käest.
- Police plagued by cooked up complaintsLocal News11:30 pm, on September 8th. The place is Rahumäe Police Station, Tallinn. Daniil, a gymnasium student sits there with his mother, telling investigator-on-duty the terrifying tale of how two hours before he was attacked by two unknown crooks, in Lasnamäe, who hit him over the hear with a club, and robbed personal items: a Pepe Jeans coat, Puma footwear, Calvin Klein bag with Armani purse etc.