Estonia to send 46 athletes to Rio Olympic GamesSport
- Gene testing confirms multiple talents of Estonian records machine Kregor Zirk could swim any distanceSportThe young Estonian swimming star Kregor Zirk (16) has numerous Estonian records in both short and long distances. According to his coach Kaja Haljaste the youth has arrived at an age where he should focus on specific distances. Therefore, Mr Zirk underwent gene testing. With utterly positive results.
- Team Estonia to Rio big despite tough standardsSportNext week, it will be 100 days till Rio Olympic Games starting on August 5th. Every four years, it is getting harder to get the ticket. While sets of medals keep increasing, lots of events are being narrowed down regarding numbers of participants. Thereby, average levels of those who qualify keeps rising.
- Kanepi quielty forced out of top sports by sicknessSportFor Estonia's long-term leading tennis player Kaia Kanepi, top level competing is nearing its end. In a Facebook post yesterday, she announced participation at a WTA tournament in Stuttgart after a lengthy pause while not setting big goals. Problems with health are not allowing Ms Kanepi (30) to apply maximum effort.
- Estonian Olympic Committee entering presidential elections Three still running, five days to goSport
- Ranking Estonia's strongest no-Olympic-ticket sports figuresSportTicket to Rio de Janeiro Olympic Games has been pocketed by 25 Estonian sportsmen. Basically, the core is in place so the hopeful medalists may prepare in all peace and serenity. Postimees, however, has taken a look at the achievers not in the list as yet and compiled a ranking. The main criteria being what they could achieve in Rio.